Click here to register & for more info
Drayton Valley Rotary
Drayton Valley Auto Dealers
Drayton Valley AB
Call us Toll Free at
2011 Race Results
2010 Race Results
2009 Race Results
We have free public camping on site
||Come for the Action!
Things will really heat up in Drayton Valley as the community hosts the 10th annual "Thunder in the Valley Drag Race" on August 29, 30, 31, 2014!
Sponsored by the Rotary Club of Drayton Valley, "Thunder in the Valley Drag Race" is a fundraiser for community projects.
Mark your calendar for the long weekend in September and come to the Drayton Valley Municipal Airport to watch the action!
You will be guaranteed exciting action at this drag race. What makes this race extra special is our features ... Street Class, Super Pro, Stock/Super Stock, Pro Class, Funny Cars, Junior Dragster, Sleds, and Motorbikes!
A great opportunity, not only for the thrill-seeker, but for those who like to watch thrill-seekers!
||Our track is now licensed for 6.99 seconds in a ¼ mile!
|NEW IN 2014: $20,000 purse!
(Based on 100 car count)
- Racer gates open 12:00 Noon on Thursday and Friday, and 7 am to 12 noon on Saturday. All registrations end at that time.
- Friday Night Street Legal - If you run ONLY Friday night - $30.00. Your vehicle will be teched for safety. You need a valid Driver's License & a helmet (current IHRA rules apply).
- No one is running other than the Street vehicles on Friday night.
- New Parking process for participants - watch for the signs.
- Reminder: Fireworks will be on Saturday night.
- NO MODIFIED DIESELS
- If the organizers must cancel the race before it has started, fees will be refunded (less 10% Administration Fee)
- Thunder in the Valley will be paying out a $20,000 purse based on 100 car count. Anyone who didn't get their trophy and/or cheque will receive it in the mail.
Dark Side Racing's 8,000+ horsepower Top Fuel Dragster
Become a Fan!
LOCAL CAR, PERRY THYR