||2015 Registration Info
On behalf of the Northern Thunder Classic Car Club, thank you for your interest and involvement in the 11th Annual Thunder in the Valley Drag Race. We are excited to continue the tradition of hosting the best in drag racing to our community.
We ask that you support the volunteer groups and sponsors not only this weekend, but throughout the rest of the year. Thunder in the Valley Drag Race operates on a volunteer basis, and we ask your consideration and respect when dealing with those involved. This one is for the spectators!
- TECH: Will be set up on site. Racers will come to the Tech Area. IHRA Tech in effect.
- A Volunteer with a Bull horn will call classes during the event on Saturday and Sunday. Your TECH sticker includes run cards for Saturday and Sunday. They will be verified in staging. A closed FM Band will be used for class calls and track information; the frequency will be announced at the event.
- There is a Food Concession in the Pits. There will be a Pancake Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings for everyone. (minimal charge)
- We have a fire pit for your use on Saturday night. If you want to join us for some social time, please do. Fire pits are available for your use. Please ask to get one. No ground fires are allowed.
- Please print out this large "R" and bring it with you to Drayton Valley. It is to be displayed on your tow vehicle if you leave the venue and return. Please show at the gate.
- Please abide by all "No Smoking, No Alcohol, and No Pets Allowed" signs and rules as posted. Pets are permitted in the camping area and must be on a leash at all times. (Please remember your pooper scooper).
- Visit the Command Centre if you have any concerns during the events.
- Please do not approach the timing bus.
- All Tow vehicles used in the Pits must display the tag provided. No skateboards, quads, motorized coolers or bar stools, remote control cars, scooters, etc. are to be used in the Pits. No one under 16 years of age can be operating any motorized vehicle.
- Modified diesels are not permitted.
- Free Parking and Free Camping. Firewood available.
- All funds raised through the hosting of Thunder in the Valley Drag Races are dedicated to community projects and services.
- All registration fees must be paid in full prior to entering the racers' pit. The Thunder in the Valley Drag Race refund policy is based on the following:
- Full refund if your car does not pass "teching" stage
- No refund once your car trips lights
The Thunder in the Valley Drag Race Committee reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event in the case of inclement weather or unsafe racing conditions.
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
Online registration deadline is 4 pm on Wednesday, September 2, 2015.
Rules & Schedules
Drag Race Rules